Welcome to the blog, I'm Louisa, a London based wedding and portrait photographer.

Urban Bridesmaid Photography is a new concept in contemporary wedding and portrait photography, with a mission to provide photographs with personality, in London and beyond.

Be the first to see all the latest work by adding the blog to your RSS reader, become a fan on Facebook or follow on Twitter!

Wednesday 23 December 2009

Google Mail: a wedding photographer's friend






My best gadget award of 2009 has to go to Google Mail. The ability to have all my work and personal emails in one place is brilliant. I also find the tabs pretty useful -  from the moment a prospective wedding photography or portrait client emails me I can tab the conversation and Gmail stores the emails as a threaded conversation just like an online filing cabinet! Plus I can read my emails on the move on my phone. I do wish that it had the facility as Outlook does to save the sender to the address book though.

I have also been testing out the Google Chrome browser over the last couple of days, and it is pretty fast in loading websites especially Flash sites. To me, it looks like a pared down version of Firefox.

A close 2nd for gadget of the year is Acrobat.com for the ability to convert files to pdf online.

Related articles:
PCWorld article: 7 reasons to use and 7 reasons not to use Chrome
This post was inspired by the Best of 2009 blog challenge. Why don't you join in the challenge?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!