Welcome to the blog, I'm Louisa, a London based wedding and portrait photographer.

Urban Bridesmaid Photography is a new concept in contemporary wedding and portrait photography, with a mission to provide photographs with personality, in London and beyond.

Be the first to see all the latest work by adding the blog to your RSS reader, become a fan on Facebook or follow on Twitter!

Tuesday 8 June 2010

The start of it all!



The start of it all!

This is where my interest in photography all began. I was given this 126 camera by my mother when I was 11 years old. It has no flash and no way of setting aperture or even shutter speed. It didn't even have a battery - it was little more than a toy really in build.

My first photos were of course completely rubbish, but this sparked a dogged determination to learn how to make it better so I began to read up on the subject. The first book I found in the library - I liked it so much I went and brought my own copy and I still have it till this day! Then I got a 110 film camera - I still have that and the 126. Sadly the film for both these types of cameras are no longer manufactured. I also have a Polaroid camera which takes 600 film. Impossible are making these again in black and white but the jury is out on the quality on these, so I wait patiently.....

I think I must have got my first SLR when I was 15. It was a Praktica and only cost £50. Unfortunately it got broken and my next SLR was a Minolta Dynax 500si. Minolta eventually were brought out by Sony, but in the interim of waiting for Sony to develop a professional grade digital SLR I jumped ship and went over to Canon. It is funny to think that now I am shooting on digital!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!